Sunday, February 19, 2012

And then his jaw dropped

Tom was gone for the weekend for a visit with his dad, but he got back just as I had finished our clothing purge. He walked to the top of the steps and this is what greeted him.



Yes, that is 21 banker's boxes full of clothes and shoes.  I am somewhere between mortified and tickled pink.

Some little cutie pie, somewhere, will get get to wear this!



Then Tom walked into our closet to put something away.  He turned and did a double take in our closet.  His jaw literally dropped because this, my friends, is what he saw.



I should have taken a "before" picture.  My big girls thought I was a complete wacko to get rid of all that I did.  But I was going for "enough", not "more than enough."
Someone else said, "The opposite of poverty is enough." 
My addition to that bit of wisdom is, "The antidote to poverty is giving until it feels sacrificial."  
{Maybe somebody else has said that second part too.  If they did, I agree and I am sorry for plagiarizing.}

So, there you have it.  Clothes + PJs + socks + undies + shoes = 108

No comments:

Post a Comment