Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How easily I forget

Habits.  They are hard to break.  Sydney texted me yesterday...could I please bring her $10 for a shirt that they are selling at school?  I did not even think, didn't question, didn't remember that we said, "No new clothes this month."  Didn't ask...is this for a fundraiser? (Which would make me marginally better with buying a new t-shirt that we don't need.)  I just texted back and said, "Ok".

It wasn't until 2 hours later that it even occurred to me how thoughtlessly I agreed and that it was totally contrary to one of our agreements for the month.  The funny thing is that after school, she came out to the car and said, "That's okay.  I decided I didn't want one."

Thank you, God, for working on my daughter's heart.  Thank you, Sydney, for saving me from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment