Monday, February 6, 2012

Irony

Okay, so last night's post must have made God laugh at the little joke He pulled in my suitcase. Remember Luke 9:3? Jesus told the Disciples, "Take nothing for the journey—no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, NO EXTRA SHIRT." That was my confirmation to look ahead, not over prepare and just follow Him on this journey.

Well, I opened my suitcases this morning, and...no extra shirt. Anywhere. I have 7 pieces of clothing to wear all month long, and somehow I managed to only bring 6 on my business trip. I left my extra shirt, the shirt I was "planning" to wear today, at home. Ahh, the irony.

First I was peeved, then I just laughed. Thank you, Lord, for driving the point home. I get it.

2 comments:

  1. Makes me remember the liilies of the field, which neither toil nor tarry and yet King Solomon was not arrayed as one of these. Sorry, do not have Bible handy to include New Testament chapter and verse. In any event, that passage goes on to remind us not to worry about what we eat or wear, but to seek the kingdom of God and all the rest will be provided. It seems this fast from excess has been helping you to do just that. Hope the journey continues to yield spiritual fruit for you, Tom and the girls. -Bridget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have meditated on that verse several times since our fast has started. It is perfect for both the food and clothing fasts. Thanks for reminding me of it again! Love you! Beca

      Delete